AGAINST ABUSE, INC.
LA CASA de PAZ
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ADVOCATE
LA CASA de PAZ-MARICOPA
(1) Part-time shift: Friday and Saturday 11pm-7am
(1) Full-time shift: Wednesday-Sunday 3pm-11pm
(Full Time, Part-time, On-call)
The Domestic Violence Advocate will work with the goal of creating and building a community free of violence. The Domestic Violence Advocate shall provide quality assessment, crisis intervention and support services for survivors of domestic violence. The Domestic Violence Advocate will be working with survivors of all forms of abuse. Against Abuse, Inc. and the Domestic Violence Advocate will provide all victims with services regardless of the victim’s mental health, disability, age, race or relationship status.
The Domestic Violence Advocate will be at least 21 years of age and have a high school diploma or its equivalent. Experience in a residential program with emphasis on crisis intervention is preferred. The Domestic Violence Advocate must possess a valid Arizona driver license, current auto insurance and access to a vehicle for occasional transportation of service participants.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Ensure confidentiality of all service participants,
- Provide individual and family advocacy, education, and crisis counseling daily,
- Maintain DV crisis line for shelter acceptance, resources and referrals,
- Communicate effectively during crisis situations in person and through crisis line,
- Complete appropriate forms for member intake and data collection,
- Provide appropriate safety plans,
- General supervision of shelter to ensure resident safety,
- Must be able to provide conflict resolution,
- Must be able to make quick and effective decisions,
- Provide support services to other staff as needed,
- Attend mandatory staff meetings and trainings,
- Must be able to lift 20-50 pounds,
- Must be able to work positively in a fast paced environment,
- Complete other duties as may be assigned.