Full-time: Maricopa and Casa Grande
Shift: Friday, Saturday & Sunday in Maricopa (10 a.m. - 6 p.m.)
Monday & Tuesday in Casa Grande (10 a.m. - 6 p.m.)
Under the direction of the Domestic Violence Services Program Director, the Domestic Violence Educator will work with the goal of creating and building a community free of violence. The Domestic Violence Educator shall provide individual, family, and group education to survivors and their extended families. The Domestic Violence Educator will be responsible for educating primary and secondary victims of violence in order to achieve physical or emotional safety. The Domestic Violence Educator will be working with survivors of all forms of abuse. Against Abuse Inc. and the Domestic Violence Educator will provide all victims with services regardless of the victim’s mental health, disability, age, race, or relationship status.
The Domestic Violence Educator shall have a Bachelor’s Degree relevant in Social Work, Psychology, related behavioral health fields, Women and Gender Studies, or Social Justice and Human Rights. The Domestic Violence Educator shall have experience working with victims of domestic violence and/or related experience. (At least two years of experience working with victims of domestic violence is preferred.) At the agency’s discretion, experience working with victims of domestic violence may substitute for education achievement. Must be able to obtain/possess a valid Arizona Driver’s License, show proof of current auto insurance and pass a Level One Fingerprint Clearance background check.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide individual, family, and group education services.
2. Provide advocacy, referrals and other needed support.
3. Complete surveys, educational questionnaires and other required paperwork on a timely basis.
4. Work as a team member with other Domestic Violence Educators and Advocates.
5. Conduct violence history assessments in a timely manner.
6. Keep detailed, professional records.
7. Transport victims of violence in crisis including on-scene assistance as requested.
8. Act as resource for support staff.
9. Participate in trainings and provide in-house trainings to other staff/community members.
10. Must be able to lift 20-50 pounds.
11. Must be able to work positively in fast paced environment.
12. Other duties as may be assigned.