FULL-TIME: Monday through Friday (8 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
Salary: $31,000.00 - $34,000.00
The Domestic Violence Educator will work with the goal of creating and building a community free of violence. The Domestic Violence Educator shall provide individual, family, and group education to survivors and their extended families. The Domestic Violence Educator will be responsible for educating primary and secondary victims of violence in order to achieve physical or emotional safety. The Domestic Violence Educator will be working with survivors of all forms of abuse. Against Abuse Inc. and the Domestic Violence Educator will provide all victims with services regardless of the victim’s mental health, disability, age, race, or relationship status.
The Domestic Violence Educator shall have a Bachelor’s Degree relevant in Social Work, Psychology, related behavioral health fields, Women and Gender Studies, or Social Justice and Human Rights. The Domestic Violence Educator shall have experience working with victims of domestic violence and/or related experience. (At least two years of experience working with victims of domestic violence is preferred.) At the agency’s discretion, experience working with victims of domestic violence may substitute for education achievement. The Domestic Violence Educator should be familiar with the DSM. Must be able to obtain/possess a valid Arizona Driver’s License and show proof of current auto insurance.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide individual, family, and group education services.
2. Provide advocacy, referrals and other needed support.
3. Work as a team member with Children’s Domestic Violence Educator and Advocates.
4. Conduct psychosocial assessments, clinical reports, and ensure timely reporting to supervisor.
5. Transport victims of violence in crisis including on-scene assistance as requested.
6. Act as resource for agency support.
7. Participate in trainings and provide in-house trainings to other staff/community members.
8. Must be able to lift 20-50 pounds.
9. Other duties as may be assigned.
10. Must be able to work positively in fast paced environment.