Location: La Paloma Center
Scheduled Shift: Various Hours
Wage: $20.00/hourly with a 40 hour training
$18.00/hourly after the 40 hour training
Under the general supervision of the Program Director this person is responsible to help encourage physical and emotional safety of all parties involve in the Safe Haven Program at La Paloma Center and to detain offending party(is) if necessary until active duty law enforcement arrives.
Must be at least 21 years of age and have at least two years of experience in the security field with a minimum of GED or high school diploma. Successful completion of a law enforcement discipline: or completed a bona fide law enforcement course of instruction is preferred.
General duties, skills and responsibilities:
1. Skill in observing situations and decision making,
2. Skill in dealing courteously with public,
3. Ability to respond calmly and effectively in emotionally charged and emergency situations,
4. Possession of a current Arizona Type driver’s license upon employment,
5. Has required auto insurance and use of car of agency business as appropriate,
6. Observes activity and traffic in assigned area to enforce the rules/regulations,
7. Detains trespassers or law violators on-site until arrival of law enforcement officer,
8. Perform wand screening on all visitors to La Paloma Center,
9. Maintain written log of:
a. Any concerns,
b. Any disruptions/violations,
c. Vehicle/Tag information,
d. Changes in physical appearance.
10. Reporting of problems or issues at any early stage to supervisor or Program Director,
11. Checks driver’s licenses or state identification of each participant before entry into building,
12. Assist staff in their duties when needed,
13. Current CPR and First Aid training,
14. Attend scheduled staff meetings,
15. Preforms other duties as assigned or as requested by on staff supervisor.